German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we have made it through the first two weeks with Andy. He is sleeping through the night now. I feel horrible that my two little dogs are not interested in dealing with him (even the tough as nails and solidly built Poodle/Dachshund mix is mean to him and I was sure she would welcome having a play buddy).

He is happy to go through and over anything put in front of him. He is super confident and resilient. I am so impressed with him.
Sheilah

·
Super Moderator
32,676 Posts
Give it some time. Keefer missed Dena terribly when she died, so we actually decided to get a puppy (Halo) several months sooner than I'd originally planned to start looking. He was not thrilled, lol. He didn't hate her but wasn't interested in playing with her either, and she tried! I don't recall exactly how long it took, but her hero worship of him eventually won him over and they became best buds, just like he and Dena had been.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hopefully your other dogs come around soon. Finally sleeping through the night is such a great thing :) Andy is a real cutie!

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Harley wasn't thrilled with Rogan for a few weeks mainly because the pup was so confident and forward. Not sure exactly when but it didn't take long until they were best buds and inseparable now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts