German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! OMG - so many decisions. I would like to get Roxy an interactive toy -- we have the kong but that seems to bore her and she won't play long with it. I'm looking at these buster cubes but seems to be a lot of negative on how heavy they are and loud when dropped on the floor which scares some dogs?
And there were a couple of puzzles but then there were reviews about how some of the dogs were cutting their mouths on the pieces they move to get the treat.

I want to hear about your tried , tested and true favorite interactive toy -- other than the Kong

·
Registered
525 Posts
Someone mentioned the Crackle Ball on here so I got one for Ammo. He loves it. It only took a few minutes for him to destroy the inside but he still loves it and it does still make noise part of the time.

Also something you can do with the kong. I tied a rope to the one I have and use it as a fetch toy.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Lisl and I play with a Kong and a Jolly Ball. I throw one and she fetches it and brings it to me, drops it, and I throw the other one.

You could do this with any toys though if the ball drive is there. It doesn't have to be a Kong or a Jolly Ball.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was looking for something that might keep her occupied when she's in the crate while I run errands. The kong she has emptied before I even get out of the driveway and I hear the howling start.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Does she like pig ears? I always make sure Lisl has one available before I leave the house. Sometimes she chews on it, sometimes she waits until I come home and we're on the couch.

I used to put in a half dozen toys in Lisl's crate when I left for the day. I don't know of any one toy that will keep a dogs attention for hours at a time.

Even a Kong would get boring if you couldn't get the food out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts