German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what quirks does your dog have? Is there something they do everyday that makes you smile?

Rain is 1 and she is my personal cob webber, if she sees a spider web she bites them and pulls them down. she must know that I am terrified of spiders. As you can see in the photo she is very efficient.
ImageUploadedByPG Free1366588476.623810.jpg

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
don't bring her to aus-land, one bite from a spider here will kill a horse and one of our major cities is built on an enormous underground colony, not uncommon to find a baby sleeping covered in funnel-webs. apparently building a major city on top of them does not effect their populations. you can tell whn the neighbours spray as the place next door gets over run.

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Too funny! My gsds make me smile just for who they are. Tuke has so many facial expressions that crack me up. Mine don't seem to bother with spiders (cats job), but they love chasing and biting yellow jackets and hornets.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
don't bring her to aus-land, one bite from a spider here will kill a horse and one of our major cities is built on an enormous underground colony, not uncommon to find a baby sleeping covered in funnel-webs. apparently building a major city on top of them does not effect their populations. you can tell whn the neighbours spray as the place next door gets over run.
Yeah...I know where I'm NEVER going on vacation.

Finn just makes me smile because he is so expressive and full of life. Nothing ruffles his feathers or gets him down. He does everything with exuberance and gusto; he can rattle the pictures with a good platz and we've stopped replacing the screen door from him running with all he has to get back to me when I call him.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Wow and I was scared because we have black widows here lol I don't know how you can live there but I guess you get used to it haha :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Argos does this too but we try to keep him away from them because my one neighbor is a beekeeper there is literally hunderds of them flying around all the time :( I hate them and my kids are scared of them too I try to tell Argos to leave them alone in fear they will gang up on him and kill him bees are scary :eek:

Too funny! My gsds make me smile just for who they are. Tuke has so many facial expressions that crack me up. Mine don't seem to bother with spiders (cats job), but they love chasing and biting yellow jackets and hornets.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Argos barks and growls at the door stopper "spring loaded" he hits it with his paw and then gets all worried when it makes noise he starts jumping around barking, growling and hitting it funny to watch but loud haha

·
Registered
482 Posts
One thing I think is funny that Mia does is she will preemptively punish herself.

For example, we have 3 cats that are slowly being introduced to our pup. When Mia gets too interested in one of them or causes a problem, she is immediately put back in the other room away from the cats. She has started chasing the cats and almost immediately running and sitting by the door we put her out of.

She's like a teenager that has decided that the bad act is worth the punishment. Probably not a great behavior, but I find it hilarious. (The cats probably don't.)

·
Registered
338 Posts
My two girls

Piason, (the white one) is ten years old now and she is getting very sneaky. When she is tired of playing or training, she fakes going to the bathroom! I am not kidding. She will also hide from you when she doesn't want to go out. You have to call her with a stern voice or be able to see her. She gets away with this because she is getting old and has been a great girl, not to mention we lover her.

Kana, (the black and red one) is almost four and the worst cas of velcro. When I am home, she is stuck to me like glue. She appears to be sound asleep, but if I get up, she pops awake and follows. She thinks the toilet is the "petting chair" as I have made that mistake so often that it has become a habit. Completely my fault.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Gunner is a silly boy. Every morning after he gets his breakfast and goes potty, he runs inside to find a toy. He bounces around and tends to throw the toy up in the air. Sometimes when I am getting ready he will peak in the bathroom and stare at me; which leads to a staring contest and ends in me chasing him around the house.

When he has had an eventful night before, you can tell when he is tired because he will just walk in (from outside) and lay down in his kennel.

Kana, (the black and red one) is almost four and the worst cas of velcro. When I am home, she is stuck to me like glue. She appears to be sound asleep, but if I get up, she pops awake and follows. She thinks the toilet is the "petting chair" as I have made that mistake so often that it has become a habit. Completely my fault.
Same here!! lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Coming off of a bad weekend, working too much and very little sleep, I finally get home, and my sweet girl comes running toward me, ears back, so excited to see me!
Every morning she sits for sweet face rubs and lots of "what a good girl you are" and then makes her rounds to everyone's room to wake them up...one greets her with shrieks so she picks up something out of her room and takes it to make her yell more, then off to see everyone else..just a really good girl...so much for "it's just a dog":))

·
Registered
233 Posts
For some reason the bathroom door upstairs where we shower is doesn't shut all the way. Avery lies in the door way the entire time I'm in the shower or getting ready and also thinks the toilet is the petting chair. He also surprises me with his training. We train 3-5 days a week at my work at the kennels and he is good and knows his stuff. On Fridays we go to the local GSD Club for special training which is similar to the CGC only harder I think. He is such a goof ball at our regular training place and always gets so serious at the GSD Club like he knows this test in the fall is super important (which it is).

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds like you all have wonderful family members. Takes a special kind of dog to put up with my weirdness haha. Rain fits that void perfectly, as I think she is my equal when it comes to being strange.

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
I have three dogs currently and Daisy our first GSD waits at the bridge. All four GSDs ate gras ,thats why we call them German Heifer Hounds. Chevy is my vocal one. She grumbles ,whines bark talks and wants lots of hugs. Thunder or Curious George as the rescue and her rescuers described her is cuddly ,quiet and the one most likely to steal your sandwich. Lucky is truly my companion and yes he is a Momma's boy. he lives to play fetch it is his job. Lucky likes women. He isnt as cuddly as Thunder but likes full body hugs and does the GSd version of the Snoopy dance whenever I come home from work. All three have had a hard month as we moved but everybody appears to be settling in. Daisy was our smart always had an angle girl. She alerted my husband when I would have insulin reacytions and if I passed out she and Lucky sat w/ me. She hated having strangers in the house but if a EMT was there she sat quietly. One time as a young dog she unlatched her crate and walked over to the EMT working on me and I came to as I heard him say Daisy we're good we dont need you right now and the other EMT took her to her crate. Daisy ate frozen roast ,opened and ate Peanut butter jars and would drink my oj that my husband would give me when I had a reaction. The girl was champion counter surfer. Her puppyhood started my ongoing development of grey hair. Lucky has stopped puking in the car now that he doesn't share the seat in the back w/ Daisy. That should tell you what driving w/ Miss Daisy was like. Lucky and she walked our fence line ,chased cats from behind their fence line and did big time doggy wrestling on our deck. That later became marathon sun bathing and surveying their kingdom from the same deck. I look forward to seeing the adventures and relationships I develop w/ Chevy and Thunder.
Maggi

1 - 14 of 14 Posts