German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please give me any feedback on what kind of dog and sire (frozen semen still available) this male was....What traits was he known for? Strengths? Weaknesses? Did anyone ever see him in person or meet him? Please feel free to PM me. Thank you very much!

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I already have his photos and GSD Review comments but was looking for additional feedback from breeders that bred to him or competed against him. But, thanks for your reply!!

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
He was a California dog, so I didnt get to see him.

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
Think you may get more replies and responses if you can add what YOU are looking for and why you are asking about him.

For instance if I was looking for a new puppy for Schutzhund, I probably would want to look somewhere else and other lines. But if I was interested in AKC Showlines then I'd be on the right track.

More importantly WHO is breeding what dog to what dog and what are THEIR breeding goals? So are those a match up with my background, experience, and goals for a dog?

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
I'd like to know exactly what I stated in my original post! :)
Seemed clear to me you were asking for opinions, evaluations and not saying how you were going to use the info.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yes, I would like opinions and personal experiences of people who bred to the dog or showed against him or met him in person.

Why does it matter how I plan on using the information? What an odd question....

If one doesn't have any information on the dog than they don't have to post anything at all. Why even reply to the thread? Just ignore it.

I was under the impression there were many long time breeders of show dogs on this forum and could provide information to me about the animal in question...

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
I feel soooooooooo scolded. Going to sit in the corner.

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
No prob. I misinterpreted one of your posts.
I can't contribute anything but I do know that Abby has Color Guard twice on her sire's side.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No prob. I misinterpreted one of your posts.
I can't contribute anything but I do know that Abby has Color Guard twice on her sire's side.
I like him too!!

What is her movement and temperament like?

Do you have a conformation shot of her and her dam?

Feel free to PM me.....

Thanks,
Sara

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
i have a (ai) boss son (half brother to booker), who is 8 now (and showing no sign of slowing down), extremely agile and coordinated, great pigment, little long in the pasterns, not the best feet. extropian (loose lower eyelids) runs in the line. little soft in temperment (could be environmental rather than genetic, more socialization on my part would've been good). wonderful with family, little bit over protective of me with others. beautiful beyond belief (of course i am a bit biased). dog of a lifetime for me.

strengths the line is known for: GREAT strong rear ends (seriously), especially true going away. spectacular movement, not only reach and drive but really beautiful suspension. i never saw booker in person but only in videos, so i can't speak to his temperment.

don't know if this is a "weakness" or not but i'll throw it out there anyway, 'cause it can be really annoying, lolol...boss kidz (and grandkidz) are known to be "talkers". bark, bark, bark. one time in the parade of greats at the national all these boss kidz were lined up and waiting to go in the ring, and it was a symphony of sheppies all "talking" the boss talk. everyone i've ever known who has a boss kid or grandkid has a talker. genetic barkers, lolol, can't shut 'em up!!!

we've had no health issues at all (knock on wood), in eight years our only vet visits have been for neuter (age 6), and nail trims. there were some health issues in the litter, pm me for details.

here's the cashman:

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Don't know how many generations it carries but Abby got the agility, speed, movement and suspension ... and the talking. But those are probably just normal GSD traits. Don't know how much of it came through Bono (she is a Bono granddaughter). So I guess this would just be a brag.
http://www.marhaven.com/memories.htm

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
pat, do you know if bo is still alive. i know that "uncle" cash (marhaven's man in black), is now gone. i think boss was 12 when he went to the bridge, just missed the 13 club. can you post abby's picture? who is abby's dam? i'm very interested in the health issues in this line.

·
Banned
5,219 Posts

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
sorry meant bono not black orchid, forgot they call her bo. is that abby in your avatar?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts