German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if GSD puppies have their teeth to come out a bit later than at 12 weeks. Rex is 4 months today and no signs of adult teeth yet. He is very mouthy and particularly whiny last 3 days, but all of his baby teeth are still here.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sounds like he's teething. My boys started about that age and it went til about 6 months I guess, then they had all their adult teeth.

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
In their 5th month. The process only takes a few weeks. Don't have your hopes to high that with the puppy teeth gone, the biting will stop :)
During one tug game with Deja, Cam lost three of his puppy teeth.

·
Premium Member
11,244 Posts
the little front ones between teh canines come out first - usually 18 weeks or so - then they keep going - canines seem to usually be last - 6 months - if they don't come out while adults coming in - get to the vet to pull them...

Lee

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like he's teething. My boys started about that age and it went til about 6 months I guess, then they had all their adult teeth.
Thank you, it is good to know my pup is not the only one starting teething late-ish. My friend has a husky who is 2 weeks older than my pup and she's done teething, Rex is a late bloomer..:)

In their 5th month. The process only takes a few weeks. Don't have your hopes to high that with the puppy teeth gone, the biting will stop :)
During one tug game with Deja, Cam lost three of his puppy teeth.
That late? I'm ok with biting, but still hopeful....:) Bite inhibition didn't work, but he stops when commanded.

the little front ones between teh canines come out first - usually 18 weeks or so - then they keep going - canines seem to usually be last - 6 months - if they don't come out while adults coming in - get to the vet to pull them...

Lee
he is 17 weeks now. Checked this morning - front ones are funny looking, kind of poking out at weird angle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine started a week shy from his 5th month birthday. Teeth EVERYWHERE, we would find them while tugging, eating, sitting next to us... he literally only have a few teeth and basically just gum - it was really cute, the tug slipped right through. All of his adult teeth just broke through now, 2 weeks after being gummy granny. Every morning the teeth looks bigger and scarier, i dont think it will take long at all for the teeth to be fully filled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts