German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
I personally don't brush my dogs' teeth because that's the only thing they ever try to give me trouble with. I can shove pills down their throats, express anals, clip nails, bathe, etc., but they just hate having their teeth brushed. I know with time I could get them used to it, but their teeth are pearly white and gums look great, no bad breath. They frequently get raw turkey necks and raw beef bones/knuckles and I've never had a vet visit where they didn't rave about their teeth. If I had to though, I would.

I also know a friend with a nearly 2 y.o Malinois who frequently brushes his teeth, gives him bones/rawhides, and feeds only super-high quality kibbles, and he STILL gets nasty teeth. The vet told her that some dogs' saliva doesn't do as good a job keeping their mouths clean as others??

Like you though, I do feel guilty about it sometimes and am also interested in hearing from others.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.