German Shepherds Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
My rescue, Rosie, is so much like these dogs its amazing! I found out on the dog aggression thing that its only the dogs that come up into her face that she has a problem with. If they come up and sniff her butt she is o.k. - Go Figure, Huh!!
I also was lucky to find a trainer that works with a Rottweiler/Pitbull rescue and she also owns a training facility with daycare. I take Rosie in to daycare where she has a couple of dogs she can play with. She is a big bully and they don't care, luckily. She is like Keeta above, and grabs them by the neck.
She also gets really excited in agility class which we just started a month ago, when the other dogs are running so we have to focus on paying attention to me. Even after 18months I still have a hard time getting her to look at me when in class. She still, at 3yrs, has no attention span either.
I was lucky that when she tried to bite me to keep a bone I just reacted by putting her in a head lock and prying the bone out of her mouth. She hasn't tried that since but I still have to come down on her once in a while when we are playing 'cause she gets to rough with her mouth. Mostly she remembers to be careful and still play at the same time though.
Rosie is way too smart and picks up on everything so I have that to deal with too. I am guessing Hoss might have some of the same issues but I don't know how different handling males would be from handling females. We normally have female dogs so we can have flower gardens!!!
I was also told by the GSD club in my area to get the dog out more, not less, so when you take Hoss to class put him in a crate. Thats what my daycare does to Rosie to get her desensitized to other dogs. The others can play around in the room with her crate and she has to learn to just sit in there and calm down.

Have Fun!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.