German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Roxy

German Shepherd Dog: An adoptable dog in Tazewell, VA

Large • Young • Female

This dog is only adoptable to the following counties.
In Virgina: Tazewell, Bland, Smyth, Buchannan and Russell.
The Dept. of Ag. tells us where we can adopt an animal. Due to the spay/neuter clause in our adoption contract.
We are sorry there can be no exception

********Anyone out of the area interested I know a couple of people in this county who could possilbe be able to help with her. Low cost boarding is available in Princeton area.************************************

· Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've personally not worked with this shelter before. But I have a rescuer friend, Donna, who lives in the same county this shelter is in and she said in the past, as a last resort if the dog wasn't adopted locally, they would adopt out to rescues rather than put the dog down...but I haven't any idea if they still will do that . . .

Since Donna lives in the same county she is eligible to (unofficially) pull this dog for a rescue by adopting it under her name.
I also know another lady in that county who does rescue that I can check with also.

I hope this girl gets out of there she's such a pretty dog.

· Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Has anyone tried calling them? I was again told by another rescuer from that county that they CAN release to rescues no matter where they are located. Maybe the shelter can test her with other dogs.??

· Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
There is a kennels not too far from there for $5 a day if that would be do-able with you??? There is one lady rescuer in the area who has said she will be glad to meet one of their AC people and take her to the kennels IF any rescue wanted to pull her. (I think she won't go to the shelter because of a past problem with them... but is willing to help Roxy if they can meet her near by)

Please let me know if this would be helpful .... Pat, Beckley

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.