1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Roxy

German Shepherd Dog: An adoptable dog in Tazewell, VA

Large • Young • Female

This dog is only adoptable to the following counties.
In Virgina: Tazewell, Bland, Smyth, Buchannan and Russell.
The Dept. of Ag. tells us where we can adopt an animal. Due to the spay/neuter clause in our adoption contract.
We are sorry there can be no exception

********Anyone out of the area interested I know a couple of people in this county who could possilbe be able to help with her. Low cost boarding is available in Princeton area.************************************

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
bump

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've personally not worked with this shelter before. But I have a rescuer friend, Donna, who lives in the same county this shelter is in and she said in the past, as a last resort if the dog wasn't adopted locally, they would adopt out to rescues rather than put the dog down...but I haven't any idea if they still will do that . . .

Since Donna lives in the same county she is eligible to (unofficially) pull this dog for a rescue by adopting it under her name.
I also know another lady in that county who does rescue that I can check with also.

I hope this girl gets out of there she's such a pretty dog.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Has anyone tried calling them? I was again told by another rescuer from that county that they CAN release to rescues no matter where they are located. Maybe the shelter can test her with other dogs.??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.