German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does this look like Tar Heal to you I am not an expert I was under the impression that Tar Heal is a trait only a Bi Color can have however he has not penciling on his toes though. I have been told my dog is going to be a blanket back so am confused seeing this possible tar heal and wether he will be blacnket back or bi color?

He is 15 weeks in these pictures and is starting to get the 2nd rim of red around his neck you can see "faintly" coming in.

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
Those will fade...A lot of dogs without tar heels as adults have that and even have some toe penciling as small pups. He is nowhere near a bicolor. I am not sure he will even be a blanket black. He may just have a normal saddle.

·
Registered
27,250 Posts
No, not tar heels, these are bi pups:

The black never fades on a bi-color, this is at almost 2 yrs:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jocoyn Thank You for your insight I would be so happy if he turned out to be a saddleback but am happy with a blanket back too actually either way I think it doesn't matter it did when we first got him "after health and temperament of course" but now that we love him color doesn't matter anymore lol it was more of just a curiosity thing thanks for the input.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
onyx'girl WOW they are sure are cute as pups and gorgeous full grown :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
My girl has that too, but no penciling, least not what I would consider it. She has black patches on her toes, but more the sides vs center.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts