German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Around the beginning of October 2019, I started the method to get my 1yo GSD ears to stand-up with insulation foam and torbot-glue. I was on the 2 weeks on/1 week off method that I read about. I also put tape around her ears to keep the insert steady. I have not been getting very good results, the ears seem to stand for a bit and then fall. I realize it is a bit late to start "ears up" to begin with.

However with the glue method, I noticed that due to the moisture of the glue and natural moisture in her ears the foam would start to shrink. So even with latex-glue the ear and insert would pull apart at the point of contact between the cartilage and foam. The foam gets thinner over time. Another problem with using glue is that there is a danger you might accidently get glue down her ear canal. Unless I am doing it wrong I wouldn't recommend glue, after having done it for a while.

I plan on taping her ears until the end of the year and was going to switch to taping the foam very very tightly without the use of glue at all. I think that maybe keeping the foam tightly wrapped would be better.

1. How tightly should I wrap the tape?

2. Does it make sense that more tightly-wrapped is better to keep the ear in contact with foam, which might give me a better result?

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Tightly wrapping the foam to the ear? I would think that would cut off her blood circulation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts