German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I picked up Rocky's tapeworm medicine, I didn't even need to bring him in. His last appointment was two days ago and they had his stats on file. So a 'nurse' [or whatever you call the vet-helpers] gave me his medicine and told me when to give it to him. ("two tonight, two in three weeks") I heard from a friend that it gave your dog diarrhea, but when I asked her she said "Oh no, no way!"

I went to bed at 11pm and it is now 5am. Rocky has woken me howling four times, then proceeded to have diarrhea two to three times every time we went outside. I only grabbed him by his collar to take him outside because I realized that he couldn't hold it long enough for me to find the leash. He has also thrown up twice.

The worst part? I am at my future-in-laws home and on our last "run down the stairs and break for the door" I guess the stairs unsettled his stomach because Rocky literally cried out at the bottom of the stairs and relieved himself on the tiny bit of carpet between then stairs and kitchen. I mean, honestly, he had the largest, wettest pile of diahrrea I have ever seen. At. My. Boyfriends. Home. AGHHHH!

So I instantly ran and woke up my man (we have to sleep in seperate rooms until we are married) and told him he had to come-NOW! No way was I going to be caught cleaning up if his mom woke up and came outside.

Even though THEIR dog took 7 months to house train and Rocky is only 4 months and already housetrained, I feel like their wouldn't be much mercy for his sickness.

The poor baby :( Atleast he isn't acting sick aside from the whining and potty problems. He just wants to kiss and cuddle and play.

MORAL OF THE STORY: DO NOT LISTEN TO VET AIDS. ASK YOUR VET!!!!

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Oh, that is embarrassing (glad you can't hear me laughing)! Yeah, those wormers are pretty rough, they always gave my dogs the explosive shooters too. He should be okay in a day or so.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts