German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tanner left us today. Another great dog taken by hemangiosarcoma.

November 19, 2006-December 26, 2016

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
RIP little one! So sorry for your loss!

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
So sorry for your loss. Beautiful boy.

·
Premium Member
11,244 Posts
too young...... so very sorry!

Hemangio is so terrible.....too many lost to it

again, so very sorry

Lee

·
Super Moderator
5,730 Posts
I'm so very sorry. What a beautiful face!

·
Super Moderator
32,304 Posts
I'm so sorry Sheilah. :( RIP Tanner.

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
He made it through Christmas. Were there any symptoms?

I'm sorry for your loss. He was a handsome boy.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No symptoms. He has been eating well and his poops have been good. It has been really cold here, and he hadn't been interested in spending much time outside.

This afternoon he stood up , vomited a whole bunch of blood and then just kind of stood there. There was so much blood.

We called the vet and had him in the car and on the way within a few minutes. His abdomen was filled with blood. The ultrasound showed a mass on his liver, that is where the blood was coming from. The tumor had burst.

We lost our Jackson four and a half years ago to hemangiosarcoma. He collapsed and died right in front of our eyes. I never want to see another animal go through that. And I knew that I didn't want to run the risk of Tanner dying like that tomorrow or next week. The vet said he had a very poor prognosis. We let him go.
Sheilah

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear this Sheilah. It's very sad and there should not be so many health problems in this or any other breed. My best to you. Andy

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
That's really sad. One of my puppy-buyers lost their boy a few days before Christmas. He died on the way to the vet. They did not do a necropsy, but hemangio, or aneurism sounds most likely. This is a terrible time to lose a pet, though there really isn't a good time. It is truly the toughest part about owning these magnificent creatures.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Such a beautiful face, like he could read your mind. I'm so sorry.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about your loss, my son and I will keep Tanner and you in our prayers tonight.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts