German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I will try to keep this long story short,
I have just moved back to England after living in Holland for the last 11 years, Tanja is my 7 year old female GS who has always enjoyed our holidays to england every year especially the large garden. ( ball crazy )

I'm now getting very worried about her, about 2 weeks ago she started scratching and licking her belly between her back legs and slightly up the sides. I tried everything to make her stop but every time i left the room she would start.
Her skin has now turned very dark almost black and hairless, her nipples have doubled in size and i think they are leaking a little now and then, and i've just noticed her armpits or front legpits are now the same. There is also a strange smell comming from her when these areas are warm.

Any ideas, so far? Could it be the harder water here?
Well another thing is she won't stop licking, she licks her nose, front paws, carpet and this morning i woke up hearing her licking something and then she was sick. The only thing she brought up was thick saliva and thats it. She has a great appitite and is fed 200grams of Science Plan tin food and 4 handfulls of First Class Hypoalergenic dry food.

Sorry this was longer than expected but i thought people should have as much info as possible.

Thanks for your time

Sue & Tanja

·
Registered
27,270 Posts
I would get her to the vet asap for a skin scraping, could be a staph infection, or her thyroid could be out of whack.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts