German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I have just moved back to England with my 8 year old female called Tanja, and now we have problems.

Tanja has a high white blood cell count which means she is prone to allergies so the vet suggested Science Plan tinned food which was great and she enjoyed eating it. This became way too expensive every week and i tried to switch to the dry food but she would not eat it. And after reading the label on the local supermarket dog food there was not much difference between the two. I switched to it and after 2 weeks there was no change with her mental state, energy levels or skin.
Huuurraaayyyy!!!!!! I was so happy.

She has been eating the same food for over 6 years now and with no problems but i have recently had to move back to England and suddenly i don't have to same food for her. I have noticed over the last 2 weeks that her belly has become more and more bald and her skin is almost black which i remembered happened before. Science plan is still too expensive for me to buy all the time and i am scared that i won't find an alternative like last time. She still won't eat dried food.

She is also scratching her belly from time to time and i feel like i have let her down.

Please can someone help!

Sue and Tanja.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
I would switch to a a grain free dry like Orijen which should be available there. Or you can try feeding her a raw diet- there are several forums about feeding you should read

·
Registered
17,397 Posts
A high white blood cell count typically means infection. Certain white blood cell counts may mean allergies, but other things typically need to be eliminated too, like parasites.

As Jean said, the black belly needs medical attention, it could be thyroid. Could be yeast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts