German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had our new puppy Jetta for about 3 weeks now. She is 10 weeks. She is doing well with potty training and she sits, stays, comes and lays down. When I give her a treat she acts like she has never had one before and ends up biting me. I keep telling her easy and wont let her have the treat until she is calm. Is this the right thig to do? She does it everytime. There is no competition for the treat as she is the only dog, and its just me and her when I am doing this. Any ideas? She is my first GSD.

Here are some photos of her.

https://cid-0b8f18a24ee4766d.skydri...esid=B8F18A24EE4766D!149&authkey=NT1CYjsvlig$

Thanks for the help

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok sounds good. Just want to make sure that I am not confusing her by not giving her the treat for sitting when I ask. She is a little challenge at times. There are time when she will just look at me and not do anything I ask and other times she will do anything.

Thanks

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you. My fingernail on my right hand is black from her accidently biting it a couple times instead of the treat. Its funny because I have been working on the "leave it" command and drop a treat right in front of her and she does not take it but when I give it to her she rips it out of my hand. I will keep doing what I have and see how it goes the next couple days.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
She is still learning the leave it command but she does understand it and if she goes for something I just say ah ah leave it and she will just sit there and look at it. But ya I cant believe how smart she is. And she is mouthy LOL.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.