German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya guys. I had my furballs out and about today, and someone said that Lucky's tail is set too high? That it's a direct line from her back and straight to her tail. I can see where they're coming from, but he made it sound like it's something dire and horrible. I've never had this problem, so I'd figure I'd come to the experts! What do you guys think? And sorry for the bad quality of the photo, it's the only one I have right now that shows the tail line.

This one was when she was younger, and it's not quite as seeable as in the other, but for another reference(I'll take better pictures tomorrow in the sunlight. Sorry!);

Thanks for your opinion, guys!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Is this pup mixed? the overall structure reminds me of a Husky and front legs and tail are more of a husky than GSD? I could be wrong, but looks like a little wolf to me =D Super cute!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Yeah I'm seeing husky in him which would explain the tailset. Is he mixed?

·
Registered
892 Posts
i agree with a few other posters here..Your pup has a very "husky" look to him. His tail is set higher because he looks to have a lot of husky in him over gsd...very cute pup and the higher tail set is normal for a husky so its not a horrible thing or anything just how the breed looks :)

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
I'm with everyone else, your pup is very square and proportional rather than our long and lower set pups. Your pup also has nice round feet rather than the longer toed/angulated wrist foot thing in the GSD

This is a 6 month old GSD from another 'critiquqe' thread'

Your dog

Husky

:wub: BTW, your pup is beautiful!!!

:hug:

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
its a beautiful little pup - color co ordinates with the rug which will be super handy when pup starts to shed lol

I wouldn't bet the farm that this is a purebred . All angles to straight, too square, short flat croup , stifles straight
which you expect in a pulling animal

I am on board with those that see husky

gorgeous animal though -- nice proportions and balance

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! The only thing I really know is that she's not purebred, and it doesn't matter to us :)

The guy just made it seem like the tail alignment would cause problems with her back and cause her a lot of pain in the future. Had me really worried.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
371 Posts
I think, If the man you spoke to thought your pup was pure, He would see tailset as a problem. In the GSD I believe tail set has a direct relationship to the croup. My pup below pictured as and example of a gsd puppy has a some what short and steep croup. That makes his tail set a tad high. If Im wrong some one please help me out.

Croup lenght has alot to do with the movement of the GSD and other animals. Movement in a working dog is a very big deal especially in conformation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts