German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 6 month old pup, Mack has been obsessively chasing his tail for 3 months. It started the day after he jumped up and landed wrong (he yelled SO LOUDLY). We’ve gone to 2 different vets who have five brief exams and not found anything wrong. He chews on the fur at the end of his tail a little when he catches it, but the last 3 inches of his tail just look WIERD to me! It doesn’t curl up, it kind of hangs limply down ..... look at the pics and let me know your thoughts? (And yes, we are doing all possible interventions for the tail chasing, been to a vet behaviorist already, etc. Just wondering if there might be a tail related cause after all.)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Looks like it has lost a little bit of hair. I'm not sure about it being broken though. Could you post a picture from a different angle? I wouldn't worry at this point personally.

·
Registered
9,801 Posts
Maybe he injured it and that got his attention. Maybe it is still feeling irritated to him. Has he been x-rayed? What about a medical collar(that doesn't cover his eyes, just the neck) if there is no physical reason?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts