German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Penny and I start our advanced OB training on Sunday and the trainer sent out an email with the equipment that we will need..... a dumbbell, a 12ft peice of LIGHT rope with clasp at the end and a "tab" to hang off the collar? Can anyone explain what this is? she said you can make a homemade one but cutting up an old leash and duck taping? HELP! lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
i got my tab from fullgripgear you just need to email them and tell them i need a tab. me personally i got a 1/4 inch 1foot tab with a knod at the end and they did it for me it was like $8 or something, it is oretty much a short 1 foor leach. for the rope i would use a hicking line it is way cheaper than getting it from a online store and you can just buy it and then take it and get it stiched up to your needs.

hope this helps

·
Super Moderator
32,371 Posts
You should ask them what kind they prefer - they come straight, like this one:

Or with a handle, like this one:

They also come in a variety of lengths (the first one I linked to is 16" long, the second is 9" long). If it doesn't need a loop, you can just cut off an old leash, as they suggest, but it would be nice to know how long to make it.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should ask them what kind they prefer - they come straight, like this one: Amazon.com: Mendota Products Training Tab, Camo, 3/8 x 16-Inch: Sports & Outdoors

Or with a handle, like this one: Amazon.com: 1" Plum Blossom Training Tab: Pet Supplies

They also come in a variety of lengths (the first one I linked to is 16" long, the second is 9" long). If it doesn't need a loop, you can just cut off an old leash, as they suggest, but it would be nice to know how long to make it.

Here is part of the email describing what I will need:

There is a few pieces of equipment you need also.
A dumbell that fits your dog's mouth (most pet stores have these), a tab that hangs off your dog's collar that can be made from and old leash (cut leash to about 5-6 inches and wrap it in duct tape), and a body tie ( about 12 feet of a very LIGHT rope with a snap on the end) Dollarama has very light rope. The point of it, is that your dog can't even tell it's attached to him. Also a regular long line.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts