German Shepherds Forum banner

T17 Working Dogs "A" Litter

33K views 185 replies 46 participants last post by  mycobraracr 
#1 ·
I'm starting this thread to post pictures and progress of my girl power 'A' litter :smile2: They were born November 30th. Six females, three sables, and three solid blacks. I'm amazed at how fast they are growing and changing every day. Here are some pictures to start it off.

See less See more
#113 ·
the videos are great .

well raised , well socialized , pups in good weight . Spirited in movement and attitude.

getting back to the movement --- nice body proportions, no exaggerations . Backs look strong . Pasterns looks strong .

no cowhock. no rear end instabiity . pups already co-ordinated , sure footed , no clumsiness .

how it should be !!

#124 ·
Ive been lurking on this thread your puppies are beyond cute and watching their first training session was really great. Very cool. The puppies being puppies video was way to much cuteness. I'm jealous but am living vicariously through yours , Shooter's and Mr. bighead videos.Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: mycobraracr
#125 ·
Well, our time with the pups is coming to an end. I'm really liking what I'm seeing. This last weekend I brought out a couple decoys from different parts of the country to play with my training group, so naturally they had to check out the litter as well. They were very impressed. So much that one of them bought one hahaha. We took them on their first car rides. First training days and to some new places. They took it all in stride. Nothing phases these little girls. They also had their vet exams and shots. They are all happy healthy puppies :).

And first time in dark creepy barn :)

#126 ·
They look amazing. So confident, not surprised your decoy snapped one up. Barn dogs in the making! This is why it is a good thing you live on the other side of the country. Otherwise I would be far too tempted;)

#130 ·
The puppies are starting to trickle out of here. It is a bitter sweet feeling. Kiersten was crying like crazy when the first one left, the second leaves tonight and a third leaves Saturday. All I can say is we put our hearts and souls into this litter and I'm both excited to see what there future hold, and sad that they are leaving. By the end they've got in a nice routine. crate trained and for the most part potty trained. They new when and where to go for their food, water and crates and just moved themselves around as needed. It's going to feel empty, quiet and actually smell clean for once around here haha. Onto the next stages of their lives. I will try and keep things updated.

Pink is settling into her new home in Alaska. Her new owner took her to training last night and he said as soon as she walked, she ran to every human in the room to say hi. They facetimed with me last night so I could see her running around and playing with everyone. The flight and transition into her new home didn't bother her one bit.

Video of a few of them from Sunday.

#133 ·
I may have missed this (just subscribed to thread), but, did you keep one of the pups?

Moms

Yes, my plan has been to hold one back at least to around a year old so I can see for myself how they are turning out. There are actually two that I would like to hold back, unfortunately I'm not sure I will be able to devote the time I would like to both. So I will be holding onto green. Yellow is a very close second. There is just something very special about her. Red has been solid from day one, and will be a power house for sure. So at this point I still need to find the proper homes for Red and Yellow. I though I had but they fell through so...

#136 ·
I'm getting some great feedback from the new puppy owners. I can't wait to see what is in store for these girls.

Pink now named Sixx is now with a decoy in Alaska/Texas.

Purple Now named Akisha is with a club member of ours. He's already started her on nose work :grin2:

Blue (Alina) is going home tomorrow. She is going to a club Training Director in Southern California.

Green now Areli, is going to be my project. I have high hopes for her. I should have known she was going to be the one who stayed since she was Kierstens favorite from day one. Based solely on color at that point. She has proven to be quite the escape artist like her mom. I will be installing a whole new kennel system this weekend.

Yellow and Red will continue training with us until the appropriate homes come along. Some days I feel like I'm being too picky.

#139 ·
I'm getting some great feedback from the new puppy owners. I can't wait to see what is in store for these girls.
Some days I feel like I'm being too picky.
Sounds like your doing everything perfectly.
Sounds like the pups will be used to their full potential.

We could never breed dogs. My wife would have a reason why we had to keep each pup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.