German Shepherds Forum banner

81 - 100 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Thank you! I figured
These girls are not making this easy. I think I'm going to keep them all haha. Kiersten already said she's going to cry when they go home.

I will let them go at 8 weeks. As of now, one will be leaving at 8 weeks on the nose, one will be probably a week or so after that and I still have three available, so who knows when they will leave. But I won't let them go any earlier.

I know right?! I feel like they were just born. I love these little ladies. They are all doing so good.
How much training will you do with them if you don't find buyers? Will you sell them as green dogs? What are you seeing from them?
Do you consider this breeding a success for your goals? Or is the jury still out?

I should have said, as of now I consider it a success. I really won't know for another year or so once they get older and are working more. I foresee great things in their future though.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Adorable. I love this age, enjoy it!

Are they all spoken for yet?

Thanks! They are so much fun. I still have three available. I get contacted from some great people, but everyone is wanting males.

Pink has looked like an ass kicker this whole time.
Lol she is super nice! We call her 2.0 because she is a Kimber clone.

·
Registered
95 Posts
You know, I was thinking how great it would be to have video of puppies playing hard. I looked online but could not find anything suitable.

I just thought it might help new puppy owners understand their puppies behavior better...Hint, Hint...

Love the yard work photos :)

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
You know, I was thinking how great it would be to have video of puppies playing hard. I looked online but could not find anything suitable.

I just thought it might help new puppy owners understand their puppies behavior better...Hint, Hint...

Love the yard work photos

Playing hard with each other or people?

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
They look fabulous. So wish I could play in the yard with puppies. Very jealous.

Thanks. They are a lot of fun!

Aw, don't they know the females are the best?
I mean, I really like my girls, but I can understand why working dog people like males better. It just doesn't make placing a litter of all girls any easier lol.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Thanks. They are a lot of fun!

I mean, I really like my girls, but I can understand why working dog people like males better. It just doesn't make placing a litter of all girls any easier lol.
I think another problem with girls is the same sex aggression. If somebody already has a female, it would not be wise to add another. Males can coexist much easier.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Well, the puppies will be 7 weeks on Wednesday, and I still have no idea which one I want to keep. I love them. They do have their differences, but are enough alike to make this hard. They are all doing very well with potty training. Even going to my door asking to be let out when they are lose in the house. They are sleeping through the night, most nights accident free. They are getting used to their crates and we are continuing to play crate games with them. I'm really liking their drives, and have them barking for the tug already. These girls aren't making it easy hahaha.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I guess I can understand why people prefer a male, but I like a scrappy female personally. My experience is that same sex aggression is far less between girls than boys, but again I have a different breed (malinois) so maybe it depends on the lines/breed/dog.

Good luck choosing, keep posting pictures. What a beautiful litter!

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
I guess I can understand why people prefer a male, but I like a scrappy female personally. My experience is that same sex aggression is far less between girls than boys, but again I have a different breed (malinois) so maybe it depends on the lines/breed/dog.

Good luck choosing, keep posting pictures. What a beautiful litter!

Thanks! I will. I love a strong female. To me there is nothing better. I was at a decoy seminar a year ago and Kimber was destroying people. Decoy after decoy ending up on their face. This wasn't new decoys either. It was funny hearing everyone "holy crap! That's a female?" I love that!

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Thanks! I will. I love a strong female. To me there is nothing better. I was at a decoy seminar a year ago and Kimber was destroying people. Decoy after decoy ending up on their face. This wasn't new decoys either. It was funny hearing everyone "holy crap! That's a female?" I love that!
I always found I bonded better with the girls. And I found the girls much more dedicated to the job when I was working. The males were all about cool lets go find some bad guys. The girls were more like touch my human and I will hunt you until the end of time.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Playing hard with each other or people?
Each other, though both is really good. I was reading a post by somebody describing what their puppy was doing that they found unsettling. In my mind's eye, I thought it was normal puppy behavior. Which is strange cause I have not had a little puppy for 20 years.

Just thought it would be helpful for new GSD owners to see how pups play. Does not make all behavior acceptable of course, but could shed some light on its origins.

81 - 100 of 186 Posts