German Shepherds Forum banner

61 - 80 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
It really is. I like watching the day to day and watch them discover new things. Seeing their confidence of the unknown.

As of now, I only have three of the six spoken for. All working homes so far and people I know well. So I won't have any trouble seeing how they progress.
It's been a while since I've been on this forum and I'm glad I checked in.

Your puppies look beautiful. I've been watching Ace breedings pretty closely for the last year or so since he just speaks to me and I'm a huge fan of Randy's dogs.

Kimber looks like an amazing dog as well!

Please keep posts like this coming and best of luck to you, @mycobraracr!

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
It's been a while since I've been on this forum and I'm glad I checked in.

Your puppies look beautiful. I've been watching Ace breedings pretty closely for the last year or so since he just speaks to me and I'm a huge fan of Randy's dogs.

Kimber looks like an amazing dog as well!

Please keep posts like this coming and best of luck to you, @mycobraracr!
Thank you! I really like Ace. Randy has been absolutely amazing! She really took our hand and walked us through the process for our first litter.

^ nice!!
...meanwhile I'm swooning over miss prim and proper, Aria :wub:
Lol She is our model for sure.

OMG...the Look!!! Please send me this one!!:wub:
Haha she's on her way :wink2:

I'm enjoying watching this litter grow on Facebook. I especially like they way you train. I've watched your videos and posts and I love the way you train for real life type stuff; the building searches, bite work scenarios, and how you never train a pattern, so that during trial, it's the first time she sees the routine. I really respect that.

Thank you :smile2:

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
" I'm a car guy"

nah , you're kidding , my cobra race car -- who would have guessed . lol

pups look amazing -- sort of like that purple one

Purple has really woken up this week. She was one of the more lazy, cuddly ones. This week she's been super active and playful. I'm really enjoying this litter. Every one of them is showing great confidence. If we let them loose in the house, they will follow us around. Different surfaces don't phase them. They are all exploring different things on their own and are very inquisitive. We have started some potty training this week as well.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
The puppies were four weeks old on Wednesday. There have been some big changes this week. They have started to spend their days outside. They love it! They tear off all over the yard and already act like they own the place. I have had family members coming and going over the last week (why I'm late posting pictures) and the puppies had no lack of people time. They loved all the attention they were getting. I couldn't be happier with how confident and outgoing they are. They are eating and pooping machines right now. So our work load has more than doubled with them. My wife and I feel like all we are doing is cleaning up after puppies lol. The girls personalities are really starting come out, and a couple have really surprised us. All in all, we are having a blast with them.

Kimber is ready to get back to work, so this week I will start getting her back in shape. We received our invitation to SDA National Championship this week, so it's time to get our entry in and get ready for that. It's been hard for me to go to training and work dogs without Kimber. Not having her everywhere with me feels like I'm missing an appendage lol.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
The puppies are doing great. We started some crate training. They are now sleeping through most the night with maybe one accident between all six of them. They are figuring out this potty on the grass thing pretty well. They will play with anything I have which is awesome! We even started them with keys last night. They are showing great confidence and their personalities are really starting to show. They have decided they don't like being contained, and want to go explore everything they possibly can. I happy to see they are not bothered by any type of flooring. They've been on Hard wood, carpet, grass, tile, concrete and even grates. Nothing slows them down. They are super solid with various noises. Most their toys right now consist of coffee cans or bottles filled with rocks or coins with a piece of burlap attached to them. That way every time the play or thrash it makes noise. They are super social and people oriented. We've been having guests in and out of our house for the last couple weeks, and the puppies just want to play with the humans. I couldn't be happier with how they are progressing.

The official five week old puppy pictures will be up later. Until then, here us a few from them hanging out last night.

·
Premium Member
2,375 Posts
Nice looking pups all of them. Curious, since there seems to be differed opinions on when to release to owners. What age will they be going to their owners.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
still love the purple-people-eater .

great looking litter !

(and you will get a big long answer - don't worry )
Thank you! I figured :) These girls are not making this easy. I think I'm going to keep them all haha. Kiersten already said she's going to cry when they go home.

Nice looking pups all of them. Curious, since there seems to be differed opinions on when to release to owners. What age will they be going to their owners.
I will let them go at 8 weeks. As of now, one will be leaving at 8 weeks on the nose, one will be probably a week or so after that and I still have three available, so who knows when they will leave. But I won't let them go any earlier.

Can not believe they are five weeks already! What an awesome bunch!
I know right?! I feel like they were just born. I love these little ladies. They are all doing so good.

·
Super Moderator
32,155 Posts
This is why I could never breed. I would want to keep them all too!

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Thank you! I figured :) These girls are not making this easy. I think I'm going to keep them all haha. Kiersten already said she's going to cry when they go home.

I will let them go at 8 weeks. As of now, one will be leaving at 8 weeks on the nose, one will be probably a week or so after that and I still have three available, so who knows when they will leave. But I won't let them go any earlier.

I know right?! I feel like they were just born. I love these little ladies. They are all doing so good.
How much training will you do with them if you don't find buyers? Will you sell them as green dogs? What are you seeing from them?
Do you consider this breeding a success for your goals? Or is the jury still out?

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
How much training will you do with them if you don't find buyers? Will you sell them as green dogs? What are you seeing from them?
Do you consider this breeding a success for your goals? Or is the jury still out?
If I don't end up placing them all, I will hold them and start training. The type of training I do, will depend completely on the individual puppies I have left and Where I feel they would be best suited. I do get contacted regularly for green dogs, just rarely have any. So this may be a good thing.

I consider this breeding a success. They are becoming everything I expected them to be when planning this and in some cases more. Every single one of them is very people oriented and out going. They are all showing very strong personalities. For the most part, the litter seems very balanced to me. They are already showing high food and toy drive, pack drive and intelligence. They pick up new things very quickly. They are very comfortable on any surface, and noises don't bother them a bit. Deep down I want them all to go to working homes, but I think a couple would do well as active pets. It all depends on their home and what drives continue to get developed or not. If it's any consolation, I still have not decided which one I'm keeping for me. Every day I have a new favorite :grin2: That's how nice I think they all are.

61 - 80 of 186 Posts