German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 40 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Hi and congratulations Jeremy. I rarely stop by here anymore but had to check in for this. You and I like the same charecteristics in the breed and if I were in the market would grab up one of those puppies if you would let me.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Congrats, on the litter, but just curious.

I've seen a few litters on here supposedly posted just for fun, to show puppy pictures. But there is a link to the breeder's website under the signature, and this forum is excellent for marketing, a very targeted audience. A marketers dream, really.

I think one breeder sold quite a few of her pups to forum members, using a similar "look at this amazing litter", strategy, and also having posted videos of the parents working, training, being pretty, etc.

Seems a bit tricky, to me, treading the line between free advertisement and just-for-fun puppy photos.

I get why the OP is doing it, and I don't see anything really wrong with it, personally, but, it does seem to cross the advertising line, to me.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I love it when breeders share pictures of their litters on here. Usually I've seen threads about their dogs, training and competing, so it is rather neat when they share news about a litter. I get where is could seem like advertising in a way, but it doesn't happen that often. I hope the breeders on here are allowed to continue sharing the happy news about their litters if they so choose.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yes I understand that. I guess you're eager to register the puppies with AKC.

Congrats on your litter

Not that I'm eager, I just won't know who's getting what puppy until they leave. I've never met anyone who's had a problem with it. Some people have suggested "A" names, but at the end of the day are going to call their dog something starting with a different letter. So they don't care. I like to get to know my dogs for a while before I name them. So the registered name is irrelevant. Until they leave my place, I'm just referring to them by their color. Not a name, so they won't know it.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Congrats, on the litter, but just curious.

I've seen a few litters on here supposedly posted just for fun, to show puppy pictures. But there is a link to the breeder's website under the signature, and this forum is excellent for marketing, a very targeted audience. A marketers dream, really.

I think one breeder sold quite a few of her pups to forum members, using a similar "look at this amazing litter", strategy, and also having posted videos of the parents working, training, being pretty, etc.

Seems a bit tricky, to me, treading the line between free advertisement and just-for-fun puppy photos.

I get why the OP is doing it, and I don't see anything really wrong with it, personally, but, it does seem to cross the advertising line, to me.

I actually agree with you, it is flirting with the line. I'm just posting pictures like I do of all my pups. This litter I will begin working before they go home. Yup! I will post videos of that as well. To show some progression. I speak to many people on here in person. We've met a lot at the various venues we go to, weather it be SDA, IPO, PSA, dock diving, agility, fly ball, KNPV, LE trials or different Ring Sport events. I post videos and pictures of all my dogs. I do it for various reasons. Mostly, because for those who don't know me, I'm just another username. I feel by actually posting videos it helps validate me for when I give advice. People who don't know me and haven't seen my dogs in person can see first hand what my training and now genetics will produce. Agree or not at least you can see where I'm coming from.

Thanks for all the support guys.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I actually agree with you, it is flirting with the line. I'm just posting pictures like I do of all my pups. This litter I will begin working before they go home. Yup! I will post videos of that as well. To show some progression. I speak to many people on here in person. We've met a lot at the various venues we go to, weather it be SDA, IPO, PSA, dock diving, agility, fly ball, KNPV, LE trials or different Ring Sport events. I post videos and pictures of all my dogs. I do it for various reasons. Mostly, because for those who don't know me, I'm just another username. I feel by actually posting videos it helps validate me for when I give advice. People who don't know me and haven't seen my dogs in person can see first hand what my training and now genetics will produce. Agree or not at least you can see where I'm coming from.

Thanks for all the support guys.
It has certainly helped me. The advice you give is great and your dogs look highly capable and correct based on what I have learned from the forum and what others have said. Almost to the point where I think I am going to talk to you when I am ready for my next one, which will be many years from now lol.

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
it helps validate me for when I give advice. People who don't know me and haven't seen my dogs in person can see first hand what my training and now genetics will produce. Agree or not at least you can see where I'm coming from.

so said mycobraracr

Exactly ! mycobra is no pop-up-shop .
He has been around for a long time, been helpful , shared his experience and given sound advice . We need some breaths of fresh air around here sometimes.

I think there are some good opportunities to learn something from this litter.
We can discuss the pedigree. Follow the development of the pups who will experience good socialization.
We can analyse how close the predictions for the pups are ti tge eventual outcome months and years down the road.

Personally , I look forward to it.

·
Registered
27,228 Posts
I like to see well bred litters announced. I enjoy following progress of the pups as well.
There are a few breeders on here that never really share anything with what they are breeding, keep their kennel name a secret.
Transparency is what I'd rather see, it means the breeder is proud of what they are producing.

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
They are adorable. Looking forward to all the cuteness and beauty that is coming.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Great looking pups and congrats on the litter! I love hearing about Kimber on here she is a very special dog, I bet her pups will be amazing. Keep the puppy pics coming

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Congrats Jeremy

Just an fyi on Bio Sensor. Not sure if you plan to do it but I did it with my litter as well as noise desensitization from 4 weeks on. Gun, power tools, water, cracking whip, yelling etc. Even had the litter eat around the lawnmower revving a couple times.
Was super happy with the resulting environmentals and nerves on the pups. Assuredly genetics played a role but I truly believe nurture is essential.
Probably pushed it farther then most would what with the intensity of what I did but cant argue with the results.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I post videos and pictures of all my dogs. I do it for various reasons. Mostly, because for those who don't know me, I'm just another username. I feel by actually posting videos it helps validate me for when I give advice. People who don't know me and haven't seen my dogs in person can see first hand what my training and now genetics will produce. Agree or not at least you can see where I'm coming from.

This! Especially for someone new to this forum. I really appreciate reading sound advice from not just a random username, but from someone whom I can tell is thoroughly experienced and knowledgable about the breed...the reason I joined this forum in the first place :)

Congratulations on your litter! I look forward to following the progress of your beautiful girls.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Congrats Jeremy

Just an fyi on Bio Sensor. Not sure if you plan to do it but I did it with my litter as well as noise desensitization from 4 weeks on. Gun, power tools, water, cracking whip, yelling etc. Even had the litter eat around the lawnmower revving a couple times.
Was super happy with the resulting environmentals and nerves on the pups. Assuredly genetics played a role but I truly believe nurture is essential.
Probably pushed it farther then most would what with the intensity of what I did but cant argue with the results.

Thanks for the info! I plan on doing some. I have some sound tracks and different things in place already. I'm trying to get my rest now, once these girls hit 3.5-4 weeks old, I'm going to be very busy. I definitely think genetics have the biggest role, but I figure the more I do the better chance they have. Luckily I've got Kimber who's sound in every situation. So they can follow her lead. That's why my obstacle course was built big enough for Kimber.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Jeremy, as Carmen alluded to, I find you to be the type of GS owner that is the hope and future for this noble breed. You are humble, willing to be mentored, willing to learn, experience, perform the necessary requisites to have an intimate knowledge of this breed. It has been so satisfying to see your growth and development in the breed and to know that folks like you are in the pipeline willing to make the sacrifices necessary to maintain this breed a wonderful versatile working breed. If I wasn't in my twilight years, you are the type of breeder that would be on my short list of breeders I would get a pup from unseen, and send someone to. I wish you the very best for this breeding.
Cliff

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Jeremy, as Carmen alluded to, I find you to be the type of GS owner that is the hope and future for this noble breed. You are humble, willing to be mentored, willing to learn, experience, perform the necessary requisites to have an intimate knowledge of this breed. It has been so satisfying to see your growth and development in the breed and to know that folks like you are in the pipeline willing to make the sacrifices necessary to maintain this breed a wonderful versatile working breed. If I wasn't in my twilight years, you are the type of breeder that would be on my short list of breeders I would get a pup from unseen, and send someone to. I wish you the very best for this breeding.
Cliff
Don't have a 'like' option on the phone app I'm using but...

LIKE and agree with this post!! :)

Wish you and your wife all the success in the world! :thumbup:

21 - 40 of 186 Posts