German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
My GSD puppy had side swollen lymph node and eventually went down to the throat but anyhow we had made surgery. Unfortunately it opened again trying to itch it by his leg and made the stitch again. Anyhow ,now with his cervical collar , I hope it will heal well.
I need two advices , can he play fliert pole again and how many months would you guys estimate him ? As per my vendor he calms he is 5 months now, but he looks smaller to me .

Many thanks :smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I'm sorry your pup has had such a rough time of things. Good that you and your vet were on top of it. Wishing speedy healing.

I wouldn't play with a flirt pole until stitches are out and the wound is well healed. Flirt pole play would require a good amount of neck movement that would likely pull on the stitches that might break them open again or cause a seroma. Things you don't want.

I'd keep things quiet and simple. Calm walks, find it searching games, mild obedience training to burn some of that puppy energy. It's hard to keep an energetic puppy calm but is what is need for good and proper healing.

He looks otherwise healthy and a good size considering all he has been through. He might be a little small or not. I wouldn't worry as they all grow at different rates and genetics play a big role in overall size. How big were his sire and dame? Pretty sure if his size was a concern your vet would have said something to you.

And Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
I would keep him quiet and contained until the attitudes are out. You can use this time to play crate games, do non active training, work on focus, and many other things. Mine had pano which also requires a lot of rest and we managed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am novice for pets but when I saw the puppy with such issue I couldn’t resist leaving it behind. Fortunately it’s now in a good shape and the biopsy result came up to be benign. The puppy is so energetic and I couldn’t fulfill his demands running with it everyday , I keep him in my workshop so that I can get more time with him and so far , he learned a lot of commands and It’s beyond my expectation that how dogs are intelligent like this, I have ordered training book so that I will read more and teach him proper obedience training . I am so glad that I got this forum and you guys who replied with a great encouraging words and advice .

Thanks a a lot !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts