German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I was just wondering when people usually switch to adult dog food? I tried searching the forum but for some reason couldn't find the answer, so I apologize if this gets asked a lot.

My pup is 10 months old, 23", and was 62lb last time we weighed her about 3 weeks ago. She's female and spayed. She's always been pretty sturdy and hasn't really ever gone through a weird lanky phase. I've noticed that she's not eating as much of her puppy food as she was, but she's keeping a nice weight. She's mostly GSD with some lab and husky thrown in there.

I've just never had a puppy as an adult, so I'm not quite sure when to switch her over.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,717 Posts
Anytime. Many ppl don’t ever feed puppy food. I’ve adopted all of my dogs between 7mo-1yr and have always gone straight to an adult diet, visiting puppies included.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys! i think i will go ahead and start introducing "all life stages" food. i guess you cant really go wrong with that?

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
Hi there,

I was just wondering when people usually switch to adult dog food? I tried searching the forum but for some reason couldn't find the answer, so I apologize if this gets asked a lot.

My pup is 10 months old, 23", and was 62lb last time we weighed her about 3 weeks ago. She's female and spayed. She's always been pretty sturdy and hasn't really ever gone through a weird lanky phase. I've noticed that she's not eating as much of her puppy food as she was, but she's keeping a nice weight. She's mostly GSD with some lab and husky thrown in there.

I've just never had a puppy as an adult, so I'm not quite sure when to switch her over.

Thanks!
Griff is almost 8 months old. I just ordered (most likely) the last 15 lb bag of large breed puppy food that he only eats in the AM. In PM he gets the same raw diet as 4.5 year old Deja. He is lean and has had only one 2-week bout of Pano as a 4 month old. :fingerscrossed:
He just came out of a growth spurt where he sometimes needed food 3 times a day. I always go by their daily body condition before feeding them. I guess a LBP food is good for growth spurts.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Mine is 13 months and still on puppy food. Vet suggested until 24 months on puppy food. I switch back and forth to All Life Stages/Puppy. All good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts