German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jackson is 3 months old. I've had him since he was 8 weeks old. I have him in a crate at night and he now sleeps through the night with no accidents. During the day I have him enclosed in a small area of my laundry room with Pee Pee pads.

I work but have a dog walker coming in twice a day to take him out when I am at work. Jackson has a spot outside where he goes when I take him out. I also have some poochie bells which he will ring occasionally and then go out and do #2. He still doesn't seem to understand that he should not go #1 where ever he pleases.

So here is my question. He uses the Pee Pee pads within a few minutes of being put in his pen almost all the time. I felt like it was too much time to crate him while I was at work and crate him at night too, but I'm beginning to rethink that for the short term. I'm thinking that if I begin crating him while I'm at work he may get the idea that he needs to hold it. I don't want to crate him this way for long, but I'm not sure I see any other end to the pee Pee pads. Does anyone have any advice on transitioning from Pee Pee pads? Should I give it more time or switch to the crate?

Thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to give it a try. I've actually moved the crate to a different location from the pen, thinking that a new location will help to make this a "new" experience. I'm going to try the crate today with the walker coming twice. The trainers at puppy class recommended this also. Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts