German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got my pup about a month and a half ago, grabbed a bag of Bil Jac at petco for food( this was before i did the proper research on food!) but anyways before that was gone i went and picked up a bag of Blue Buffalo, then a week later i hear they have a recall! it wasnt the specific type i got but i took it back anyways and exchanged it for Wellness super 5 mix adult formula,i didnt really have a transition period so he went straight on it, so this is 2 food changes in about 2.5 weeks and now he has the s..ts real bad, was liquidy at first now just mushy, is this something i should be really concerned about?? have an appt with the vet today for rabies but didnt know if i should get him checked out?? he seems fine, still eats fine,just the craps real bad so i was gonna try the brown rice hamburger for a few days and see what happens. but any input would be great guys so thanks.:help:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
When you take him to the vet, tell the vet about the situation and the vet should tell you a way to calm his stomach. Some more experienced members here might tell you before you go to the vet.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
If you are going to the vet anyway I would go ahead and take a fecal to ensure it isn't parasites. It is more than likely the food changes. Cook some chicken and rice and feed him that for a couple of days and gradually add his kibble to it. His system needs a rest.

·
Registered
397 Posts
First thing is first, get him to the vet to rule out parasites. Then follow this but alter the amounts so that each feeding equals 1 cup not 1.5 .

Day 1- Am feeding 3/4 brown rice 3/4 C chicken
afternoon same thing
pm Same thing

Day 2- same as Day 1

Day 3- AM 1/2 c brown Rice 1/2 cup chicken 1/2 cup kibble
same from afternoon and Pm

Day 4- Same as day 3

Day 5- 1/4 C brown rice 1/4 chicken 1 cup kibble
same for afternoon and pm

Day 6 same as day 5

Day 7 all kibble

if on any of the days you noitce loose stool again go back to the previous day. You can also add in one heaping table spoon of pumpkin to each meal. This is what I Have been doing for almost 2 weeks and its been a god send.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks alot guys, i was gonna try the chicken and rice so hopefully that takes care of the problem, he acts normal still so im sure its the food switches

1 - 5 of 5 Posts