German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as of yesterday i had switched tyson from science diet to eagle pack. now here is my dilemma, last week i also got tyson some treats to use for his training. there the soft rubbery kind that break apart easily type. anyway i noticed since i've been giving him those treats he sometimes has runny poo. well now today i noticed that one ''small" poo he took was REALLY liquidy..could the change of food be causeing this?? have u ever experienced this b4?? im going to discontinue the treats just to make sure its not a digestive problem with the eagle pack.

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
It is common for some dogs' digestive tracts to get wonky during a food switch. Give it a couple weeks and things should settle.

I'd suggest phasing out those treats and use something real like bits of hotdog, boiled chicken, freeze dried liver, things like that. Some of those "soft, rubbery" pet treats have really poor ingredients and I'll bet those aren't helping and maybe even contributing.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally Posted By: Wisc.TigerAre you doing a slow switch with the food. You start with 75% old - 25% new for a week, then go 50-50 for a week, then 25% old food - 75% new food for a week then 100% new.
hmm no not exactly..i started 50-50, ill slow it down

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
My puppy had problems with her digestive system for months (well, she came home with giardia so I'm sure it messed up her stomach a lot). She ate EaglePack since she was a puppy and she had soft stools all the time.
We switched to SolidGold and it was much better immediately but she didn't like the taste of the food. Now she's on Canidae and her poops are perfect. She loves the food too and eats every bit of it even without any tasty additions on top. JUst my 2c.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts