German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was about a month and a half ago when I noticed it, he was shaking and rubbing his head against the grown constantly, cleaned his ears and it kept happening, then I noticed the top of his head was scabbing over, but nothing crazy had happened to him, well after about a week and a half of scabbing I get home from work and brown puss is coming out. TO THE VET WE GO! They shaved it pulled the scab and it looked horrible about 3/4 of an inch raised 2 different pills and a cleaning spray they instructed me how long to keep him on the meds and how often to give him everything and in 2 weeks if it doesnt clear up they will need to take more extreme actions... 2 weeks pass and its as flat as ever, I dont know how I could have missed something like this unless it was just slow growing?

IMG_1121.jpg

This is the only picture I could get, its gone now but you could touch it with no pain or anything the vet said seeing that it went down it was just a sever infection.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
That's good your dog is all better now. I can understand how it would be easy to miss as I did the same with a cyst until it burst. I agree that it was probably slow growing at first and of course with your dog's symptoms, I would of thought of an ear infection as you did, but then it picked up speed. Thanks for posting, it is a good reminder to check for something else and not assume it is just the most obvious like ears.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's good your dog is all better now. I can understand how it would be easy to miss as I did the same with a cyst until it burst. I agree that it was probably slow growing at first and of course with your dog's symptoms, I would of thought of an ear infection as you did, but then it picked up speed. Thanks for posting, it is a good reminder to check for something else and not assume it is just the most obvious like ears.
Thats exactly why I posted it, something that seemed like nothing could have been bad. Im wondering if its from his previous injury that happened before we got him, I still dont know the whole story but its in the same spot.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
On his forehead? It's hard to tell from the photo...

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Well, glad you caught it and it healed!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts