German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue I can't seem to find a link to. Yesterday morning Sarge's muzzle swelled badly on the upper left (whole side of the muzzle). We were outside at a festival all day and I initially thought he bit a bee and got stung. Slept way more than usual all day but is still eating fine and taking water. I looked this morning and can see a tooth breaking through. Anyone's pup ever swell up like that when cutting teeth. Swelling seems to be down a little this morning but still very tender and touchy. Any ideas? Worth a vet visit or wait a day? Thanks

·
Registered
460 Posts
I woke up one morning and Chara's muzzle was huge on one side. I also assumed that it was a tooth coming in.

I played it safe and went to the vets, they said it was not a tooth but a bite of some kind. They prescribed benadryl.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Personally, if he's teething, and his muzzle is swollen, and he's still eating and drinking as normal and stools are normal, I would wait. Should something change though, I would take him to the vet. I'm sure others will give your more helpful information and tips on when to take your dog the vet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts