German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing some research on herbal supplements and her name has come up. Is she reputable?

I also came up with the name Diane Stein who has a book called "The Natural Remedy Book for Dogs and Cats." Are her recommendations safe?

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Susan Pitcairn is married to DVM Richard Pitcairn. Together they wrote what, for many years, was the book on natural dog and cat care. So I'd say she's quite reputable.

I have the book by Diane Stein and it is also a good one.

What exactly are you trying to treat?

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
DOG ALLERGIES!! lol.

I was reading up on using pure aloe vera juice and echinecea as a way to deal with them. At the moment I can't remember who said what but it was recommended to use 1 oz. or 1 tsp. pure aloe vera juice for every 10 pounds. I found a suggestion to mix 1 tsp. food grade hydrogen peroxide to 2 oz. aloe vera juice for ear infections. Another site suggested using echinecea but didn't see the doseage. I need to do some more research online for the echinecea.

My family has been using both for years to boost our immune system whenever we feel a cold coming on. It's supposed to be good for allergies as well. We rarely go to the doctor any more since taking them. I have found contradicting information online about aloe vera on many websites soooo I have been wondering if anybody has tried either with their dog. I have asked this before but no response.

Another question though about apple cider vinegar. Why can't you mix apple cider vinegar in a metal bowl?

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Another good resource for allergies and health issues in general is www.b-naturals.com

From the menu at the top of the page select "newsletters + recipes". Scroll down through topics going back to 1997 for the ones most relevant to you.

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That website is awesome. Thank you very much for sharing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts