German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I continue this wonderful journey with Red, now at 8 1/2 months old; there have been trying times, and also incredibly good times. As most of the knowledgeable folks here attest and predict, the best if yet to come (we hope!). My Board and train experience (which happened while a was recovering from a medical procedure), was a very good one; and we will continue to learn from it, and do right by the pup. Thanks to this forum, I'm now a better pack leader, and it is my hope to continue to get better; so that this lifelong partnership is a very gratifying one for the both of us.
Here is a pic of people jogging past Red, while he is in the Down command, with me standing at a distance. :smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wolfy: Did use an E-Collar to cement the commands inside safe premises, and before the lynching band gets assembled, it was under the recommending of the trainer. And after we felt he had the commands solid, then we went into the running/biking/walking trails of the neighborhood (Pic that you see in the first post). At present time, he is so good, that there is no need for reminders (from the Collar); but I keep it on him just in case, since he is still an adolescent after all.:wink2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts