German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was the chair of the UKC obedience trials this past weekend. There are absolutely no brags about my job performance in my first experience at this! If there was something I could goof up, it seemed I could manage to do it! Wow, a bit of stress.

Since I was there, I decided to support the club and enter my rescue dogs. I thought if things were under control I would give them a go. This was our first time to try obedience beyond Rally and I was not sure how off lead work would go.

Voodoo, the Catahoula, had some "Cat brain" moments and he was too green to get the entire routine done, but I was happy with his efforts overall.

Soleil ( my GSD rescued from local kill pound) did a good job. She earned her U-CD in three attempts. She even received High in Trial honors with a 198.5 score.:eek: All of her other scores were in the 190s and she earned two first placements and two second placements in four trials. She worked really hard and mostly lost points due to exuberance.

She had three homes by the time she was one year old, but she has found her place here!

U-CD Merry Meet Walkin' On Sunshine RN also CGC and TC

·
Super Moderator
32,426 Posts
Wow, awesome!!!

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
That's fantastic Samba!! Big congrats on the new CD title!

·
Registered
174 Posts
That is grand, Samba! Always so good to hear that a "throw away" dog is given a new life and is developed. she sounds so happy to be working and doing it with you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts