German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I swear to God, that Buddy can feel he is going to the surgery tomorrow (neutering). He gives me this sad look, poor little thing.
I am also very scared for him, I hope everything goes well and he will be the same like before. How long do you usually keep them quiet, I mean without running or jumping?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Not a clue - I've never had a dog neutered. I need a pain pill just thinking about it!!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I need a drink right now, pill won't help:)
You are not going to neutere your dog?
I don't want to do it at all, but looks like there is no other way around it. They won't take him to day care and boarding otherwise, and I will have to visit my family overseas...

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Linda just sent you a pm.

Your vet will probably give a post op set of instructions when you go in. Usually they'll have the dog on restricted exercises from a few days to a week or so depending on how conservative they are.

Sending you and Buddy a

Good Luck.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Butch LOL. Was not expecting that response but good question. I don't know the answer because we have not had Rocky neutered yet.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so Buddy is at home already. He is ok, a bit drowsy, tired and sleeping. First, I thought, that they didn't remove his testicles, because he is so swollen there, he has this big ball there, it should go away. Poor my munchkin. I love him to death.

·
Registered
15,138 Posts
Linda, this is why in my earlier post I mentioned about the ice packs because it helps reduce the swelling and to keep it down. I noticed that if I tried to keep the swelling down, my male was less interested in trying to lick his scrotum. Glad that Buddy is home.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for an advice, but it kind of hard to try to keep the ice packs there, he moves too much. He is pretty good with E collar.
But will that swelling go down completely? There will probably stay some lose skin, I guess.

·
Registered
15,138 Posts
The swelling will go down and the skin will actuall shrink, it takes some time.

The best luck I had with Lakota and the ice pack is when he was standing. He would stand nice and calm while I held the ice pack in place.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts