German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Moderator who has gone to the dogs
14,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed more Cluco/Chond for the Paq and Sam's did not have the same stuff that we had previously purchased. They had smaller bottles for more money.

The bottles seemed nearly identical but what is the difference between Cond and MSM with glucosamine?

·
Registered
989 Posts
I second BowWowMeow I have used that combo with both horses and dogs and have good results, although I also add Vit C as well as both MSN and Vit C are very important to connective tissues. I also always used Cosequin it is expensive but very worth it and they have multiple lab reports to back up their claims.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I think it all depends on the individual dog (or body). For Myrika (with dysplastic hips), glucosamine works best with chondroitin...the msm is hit or miss. I've tried different combinations with pure, powder forms from an herbalist.

·
Moderator who has gone to the dogs
14,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My sheps all get viatmin C, E and glucosamine. Until this time around all Gluc was with Cond. This time I got the one with MSM so I will see how it goes for them.

·
Registered
15,138 Posts
Then there are dogs like one of mine and Barb E's dogs that can't handle Chondroitin. It is a larger chain molecule than Glucosamine and some dogs and people can not process it then it causes stomach upset.

Val

·
Registered
600 Posts
Originally Posted By: Wisc.Tiger...and some dogs and people can not process it then it causes stomach upset.
The same with MSM. I cannot take it for the same reasons. One of my dogs with a sensitive digestive system is usually belchy with too much MSM.

·
Registered
17,397 Posts
I don't think that glucosamin alone is optimal. But it does depend on the dog. Max can't tolerate MSM -- it makes him pee uncontrollably (go figure). They both get a product with gluco/chond/vit C, and Indy gets glycoflex each day too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts