German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to take Shasta with me to check the mail tonight. Let her out of her crate after rest time. Our downstairs is not carpeted except for a few rugs we have. Shasta took off full run from one end of the house to the other, sliding halfway through almost slamming into the front door. She flopped around like a crazy dog trying to get her footing and thats when the zoomies started. Our walk was difficult with her wanting to bounce around a dodge back and forth. anyway, got back home, got her doggie pack off (the doggie pack is done for, need a new one ~sigh~) got her leash off and away she goes. She's been running back and forth downstairs, hitting the brakes about halfway through and sliding the rest of the way. Silly puppy zoomies on a smooth floor. I guess she's figured out a new game. Will try and get video next time she does it. Its hilarious.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I hate to admit it, but a pup and a ball and a smooth wood or linoleum floor can lead to minutes to hours of slapstick fun, depending on how smart and agile the pup is.

*runrunrun* *scrabblescrabblescrabblethud*

·
Registered
272 Posts
reminds me of a little dog in petsmart yesterday he had me and the lady behind me in the queue in stitches bless him he was running so hard he must have done a mile on spot, his little legs were going soooo fast:wild:

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tropism, that about covers it! its just too funny! and she was having a blast just racing back and forth! She was just racing back and forth, tongue hanging out the side of her mouth grinning every single time she started sliding. I've never seen a dog have so much fun loosing their footing!!!

Abby, there was a pup at petsmart the other day doing the same thing. It was hilarious! He was a little beagle mix just running for it at the end of the leash. His owners were laughing so hard i thought they might pass out from lack of air. And then he started trying to do circles which was even funnier. I think petsmart tiles the floor not just for easy cleanup but the hilarity of watching the dogs scramble around!

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
LOL!!! Her own personal slip and slide!!!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Love when they get the zoomies!

its hilarious because she doesnt get the zoomies very often. She's pretty lazy as far as puppies in general go. Give her a bone and she's good for days just chewing on that bone and sleeping but when she gets the zoomies.... boy does she just go to town!!!!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL!!! Her own personal slip and slide!!!

without the water!! its great. though i did mom a couple days ago so there was a nice shine to the floor that i think was helping her slide further lol

·
Registered
330 Posts
I love when they do it! Zeb would splash in his water bowl as a puppy till it covered the floor and then run from the living room at full tilt and slide the length of the kitchen floor. He loved it! Not enough room in the new apt though.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love when they do it! Zeb would splash in his water bowl as a puppy till it covered the floor and then run from the living room at full tilt and slide the length of the kitchen floor. He loved it! Not enough room in the new apt though.

its hilarious! self entertaining puppies are awesome. They have such funny antics!

·
Registered
330 Posts
its hilarious! self entertaining puppies are awesome. They have such funny antics!
Tell me about it! He would do it for at least 30 minutes over and over again till he was so tired he'd pass out next to me on the couch (yes, he was soaked at that point). I love it.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tell me about it! He would do it for at least 30 minutes over and over again till he was so tired he'd pass out next to me on the couch (yes, he was soaked at that point). I love it.

i wonder if she'll do it when she's older too. As of now she's 50lbs and doing it. I can only imagine if she's 60+lbs doing it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts