German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last week has made me so proud of Sitka. My grandmother is visiting for the month, and he has been very receptive to her, and gentle as well. My fiances' family came over for a bbq with 3 small children in tow. We had a house full of people. He was good, and well behaved. So we went for a drive/hike to City of Rocks to get away for a minute. He climbed with the kids, and on the way back to the truck, he found the ONLY MUD PUDDLE, AND IMMEDIATELY DROPPED AND ROLLED. It was a smelly ride home. ?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,639 Posts
When faced with a beautiful mud puddle, in what looks from the pictures like pretty dry country, only humans would pass up the opportunity to cool off! What, your dog constantly wonders, is wrong with humans anyway? LOL!

Great pics, looks like fun!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When faced with a beautiful mud puddle, in what looks from the pictures like pretty dry country, only humans would pass up the opportunity to cool off! What, your dog constantly wonders, is wrong with humans anyway? LOL!

Great pics, looks like fun!
I'm pretty sure dogs think there is always something off about humans. We do all the things wrong. ?

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Mud puddles are not just for rolling around in, they're good to drink from as well. We had a good sized puddle in our camp site, we also had a crystal clear creek, guess which one was their favorite watering hole? Dogs are weird. Glad you had a great day with Sitka. That's gotta feel nice knowing that he handled the very busy day so well.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The last week has made me so proud of Sitka. My grandmother is visiting for the month, and he has been very receptive to her, and gentle as well. My fiances' family came over for a bbq with 3 small children in tow. We had a house full of people. He was good, and well behaved. So we went for a drive/hike to City of Rocks to get away for a minute. He climbed with the kids, and on the way back to the truck, he found the ONLY MUD PUDDLE, AND IMMEDIATELY DROPPED AND ROLLED. It was a smelly ride home. ?
Sounds like a very good well behaved Dog! In the case of the mud puddle he probably thought "yay my hoomans are saving this puddle all for me"!

·
Registered
10,469 Posts
Quite the accomplishment; putting all the training together in daily life. I know that feeling when you see them do well in sometimes (what could be) challenging situations. Beautiful country and dog! Love the puddle picture. Good for you to let him be a dog.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mud puddles are not just for rolling around in, they're good to drink from as well. We had a good sized puddle in our camp site, we also had a crystal clear creek, guess which one was their favorite watering hole? Dogs are weird. Glad you had a great day with Sitka. That's gotta feel nice knowing that he handled the very busy day so well.
Dogs are weird indeed. Mine always prefer the messiest places to roll and cool off. I think they just like yo watch me cringe during bath time! ?
Sounds like a very good well behaved Dog! In the case of the mud puddle he probably thought "yay my hoomans are saving this puddle all for me"!
He can have it all! He had a blast at home too when I hosed him off.
Quite the accomplishment; putting all the training together in daily life. I know that feeling when you see them do well in sometimes (what could be) challenging situations. Beautiful country and dog! Love the puddle picture. Good for you to let him be a dog.
Thank you. He has matured so much in the last couple months. It was a very proud moment. We've been really working on exposure and keeping our cool in any environment. He still gets puppy brain sometimes, but it's definitely rewarding to watch him become a more confident and adventurous pup. ?

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Lookws like a great day. Seeing everything you worked for in training is such a fantastic thing . He deserved a roll in the mud.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts