·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What an interesting website.
yes very interesting!! i was reading about it and thought id share it with
everybody!

its crazy how its been happening for years..some
people even said they lost multiple dogs because of the bridge..
something causes the dogs to jump off it

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
That's wacky! I've heard of animals being drawn to certain places and it being totally unexplained but this is seriously weird. I'm not sure I buy the Mink Marking theory though. There's a lot of variables that come into play. I'm sure there's a lot of beliefs as well. Probably a great deal of people hollering about mystic energies and whatnot. I just can't buy into the idea that a dog (several dogs actually) would follow a scent so strongly, they'd leap off the bridge before realizing the height. I understand some breeds get really into a scent and all else goes out the window but this?! I can't see even a hound doing this.

I wonder if any of the dogs remains had been tested for cancer or rabies or if any of the dogs were elderly (I'm thinking doggie dementia) or anything like that. Health wise, I'd like to know if they all had something in common.

I'm also curious what any psychics might say. This all started in the 60's. How can they be sure it wasn't happening before then? When was the bridge built? If this started before the 60's, what caused people to suddenly start reporting it? Was someone just strolling by and noticed a rotting flesh kind of smell? What was the trigger?

·
Registered
19,157 Posts

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I find people allowing their dogs to jump off a bridge far more flummoxing than the reason for why the dogs are jumping off the bridge in the first place. They know that dogs sometimes jump off the bridge, so why are they taking their dogs there presumably off-leash or without enough control to stop them from jumping? Maybe that bridge makes everyone, dogs and people alike, to lose all common sense.

And I'd really like to know who these people are that let their dogs jump off the bridge, have their dogs survive, and then take them back to the bridge and let them jump off again.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
I find people allowing their dogs to jump off a bridge far more flummoxing than the reason for why the dogs are jumping off the bridge in the first place. They know that dogs sometimes jump off the bridge, so why are they taking their dogs there presumably off-leash or without enough control to stop them from jumping? Maybe that bridge makes everyone, dogs and people alike, to lose all common sense.

And I'd really like to know who these people are that let their dogs jump off the bridge, have their dogs survive, and then take them back to the bridge and let them jump off again.

all very good points. Seems to me, if the people in the area KNOW dogs have been known to jump off the bridge, why keep taking them there clearly off leash? Then I also have to ask, do some dogs just run away and jump? What I've read this far, several people have WITNESSED their dogs taking the flying leap. Knowing about the bridge, my dogs wouldn't be anywhere near there without a leash on and a firm hold.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
that is what I was wondering. Seems like a bit of a remote country house (estate) - why are there so many dogs roaming to find this spot.

very curious to say the least. From what I read in the links I posted, there's a large acreage attached to the area though I may have missed if it all still belongs to the original property or the township. That doesn't answer the initial question though. makes you wonder!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Maybe it's a depth perception thing for the dogs. Something makes it seem like the drop isn't that significant or at all. Maybe some of the reported jumpings were assisted, disgustingly enough.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
all very good points. Seems to me, if the people in the area KNOW dogs have been known to jump off the bridge, why keep taking them there clearly off leash? Then I also have to ask, do some dogs just run away and jump? What I've read this far, several people have WITNESSED their dogs taking the flying leap. Knowing about the bridge, my dogs wouldn't be anywhere near there without a leash on and a firm hold.

i agree i would not take my dogs up there off leash..
i think theres a type of scent that dogs can maybe smell that makes them
jump off..cause dogs dont really rationalize an say hey if i jump
im going to die...they kind of just go with the flow..

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
IMO...There are rodents in the deep foilage that grows on the walls of the bridge. The dogs will stand on the the little round out cuts on the bridge where they see / smell the rodents rushing about the foilage and vines on the wall. The jump to catch the rodents and fall to their demise.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Nancy, they did a scent test once the discovered there were rodents living in the brush under the bridge. The dogs were drawn to the scent of a male mink's urine. You can read about it in the links I posted above. It's kind of interesting because the dogs always jump from the same spot on days that are very much the same weather wise.

·
Registered
990 Posts
The pictures of that bridge are seriously giving me the creeps.
Imagine the things that bridge has "seen" since the time it was built !

·
Registered
766 Posts
if a serial killer were a bridge, it would look like that one

1 - 20 of 20 Posts