German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 5 yo GSD lady is a petite 50 lbs with jaws that could crush rocks and front teeth like scissors. I have tried several 'tough' toys (under supervision) and she has demolished them within minutes. Survivors she enjoys are 'Chuck it balls' and 'Kong squeezz', I think because they keep moving as she lets them go. The fabric survivors are Tuffy Ring and Kong Tug, but she has lost all interest in them, again I think because they don't keep bouncing around.
I'm particularly interested in some kind of puzzle toys, that I can leave her with when I'm away and wonder what kinds of treat you leave in them.
thx.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Please be aware of abrasive toys, my dog's teeth are very worn from playing a lot with the Kong Air Dog Squeaker balls and the Kong Wubba Ballistic friends. He loved them, shame about the tooth wear, something I didn't expect to happen.

I put kibble in these balls. They're surprisingly tough and bounce. And they make for some funny photo oportunities.

·
Registered
707 Posts
GOUGHNUTS! They have a lifetime warranty, are affordable, and the rubber shows red when it’s time to replace them. IF you ever need to. I have the tug toy for several years now and it has barely a toothmark on it. Oh, they float too.

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
I would also say becareful about wearing down the teeth. If you have a dog that likes to carry things around and knosh on the
it can happen over time. I liked toys that are not abrasive soft and they can squish have some flexion. We still have a stuffed gingerbread man my first gsd refused to shred.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts