German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago Stryker became really ill and went from about 92-95 lbs down to the low 80's. I had a complete bloodwork up done, as well as fecal tests & they could find nothing wrong. I'm now thinking it was from Chicken Soup changing the formula of their large breed dog food.

I have since switched him to TOTW Pacific Stream, which he is doing wonderful on. The only problem is, he is not putting back on any of the weight he lost, & he looks sickly. Any suggestions on what I might be able to add to his food that might help him bulk up a little? He eats 2 cups twice a day. Also, he has an EXTREMELY sensitive stomache, so changing his food is not an option and it has to be something that will be easy for him to tolerate.

·
Registered
822 Posts
You could try throwing some puppy food in the mix. That helped with a couple of my dog's when they dropped some weight. What has helped on 1 of my other dog's years ago is a product called Xtra Bloom Wate which I got at www.dresslersdog.com I think that's the link to their site. It is pure animal fat in a powder form and it helped 1 of my dog's out a lot!!!! Just a couple of suggestions that have worked out for my dog's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts