German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
I feed lucy the canned pumpkin stuff from the store (libby's) and I also gave her small pieces of the pumpkin i carved to snack on.

I think it should be fine just don't let him eat the whole thing. I don't know how long a pumpkin is going to last a shepherd puppy... 5 maybe 10 minutes of fun/quiet..?

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
I would think it would be ok except I would be concerned about them eating the whole thing. Pumpkin is good for both constipation and diarrhea so to much might make them constipated? I would google.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I give mine canned pumpkin every now and then, but not sure if that is the same. Your pup is sooo cute!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Canned pure pumpkin is great when need the help settle their stomach. I think a few weeks ago there was a thread going around and some posters had pics of their dogs playing with gourds and pumpkins. Good point about seeds....not sure on that.

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
Those lil pumpkins are pie pumkins. Pumkins are fine in moderation, most dogs won't eat a whole one. My dogs had a blast playing, rolling the pumkins around. They chewed, shredded destroyed them more than ate them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts