German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, My eight month old female Gracie started limping about a month ago. I took her to the vet and she did not react as if she had any pain during any part of the examination. He advised strict rest and Deramaxx for 7 days. Since then she has been very active and not been limping. This morning she went to get up from lying down and started yelping and holding her leg up. For a couple of minutes she limped slightly and walked around kind of unsettled. After that she seemed fine, no limping. About 3 hours later she was sitting and went to stand and turned to the right and started yelping again. I took her to the vet immediately and again she gave no reaction to the examination. We have her on anti-inflamatories again and she is scheduled for x-rays on Monday. The Dr. mentioned several things it could be (most probably OCD). She occasionally looks stiff legged when turning to the right. He also mentioned pano. Does pano present with sudden yelping? I'm a new member here but have been reading the posts for a while. It seems as though there is lots of experience here so I thought I'd get some of your thoughts.
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I hope it's pano too. It's her right front leg, so it's not ACL. I've had dogs with pano before but don't remember any sudden yelping. I thought Pano was more of a constant aching pain not sudden intense pain.

·
Registered
27,272 Posts
If the bout is extreme, then the dog may yelp when putting pressure on the leg involved. Onyx had a couple bad bouts whimpered but didn't ever yelp...though pain tolerance may be different w/ dogs.
Hope it is just Pano! Vitamin C will help reduce inflammation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts