German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There!

In the last few weeks we have noticed that occasionally Thunder, who is 13 weeks old, suddenly will fall to the ground and start SQUEALING in pain. Seems to be something in his back two legs and it resolves itself and two minutes later or so he is bobbing around again. Sometimes I have seen himself knock his leg whilst running, but then a minute later it seems to kick in.. kind of like it hit a nerve but took time to register.

Also I have noticed that sometimes he just loses his front legs and falls onto his face, which is funny to watch but I am not sure if this is normal.

He seems happy enough 99% of the time so I guess it could be normal, but does anyone have similar experiences?

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
There was a couple of times with Ava that she seemingly started yelping for no reason, once in the middle of the night in her crate. Woke me from a dead sleep and scared me to death! I checked her over, moved legs, ears, felt all over, no sensitivities...weird, but she did it a couple more times and then it never happened again. Growing pains???? I dont know....

·
Registered
339 Posts
Radar just turned 5 months and I noticed over the last couple of months that he has seemed to injure himself and yelp... I would immediately think the worst and then a minute later he would be fine! It was always when he was running and playing hard!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts