German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A look at how quickly they change in just the first couple months! Dax has grown so quickly that I literally look at him every day and it's like he's growing right in front of me. My little landshark has doubled in size since coming home to us at 8 weeks. We'll find out on Thursday how much he weighs now. He eats like you wouldn't believe and I'm trying to figure out where he puts it all!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you can't figure that out you have a landshark dog and a landmine backyard :) hehee. He's gorgeous!!! They do grow sooooo quickly I can't believe my eyes either!

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
he is such a handsome dude:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
He's so cute!! I was comparing pictures just the other night. It's crazy how quickly they grow up. We weighed our guy over the weekend and he gained 8 pounds in two weeks!

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Just be careful that he doesn't gain TOO quickly. A puppy should really gain between 2-3 lbs a week. You don't want them to grow too quickly.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dax looks great! How is he doing with his crate now? Hoping the screaming has calmed down! ;-)

He is doing a great deal better thankfully. He still gets huffy if we don't cover it and he can see us but we're working on that one. I think he really just likes and prefers the dark in his crate. If I can get him to the point he's not hollering anymore when he see's us, he'll be able to start sleeping in a crate in our room. He is still a very vocal little guy. He likes using his big boy bark at his kong, his bone, his water bottle lol

Its just crazy seeing how quickly they change is such a short amount of time!!! Nice to see I'm not the only one like WHOA! Great pictures everyone!

·
Registered
68 Posts
So glad for you that the crating is better! :)

Zar- my crate screamer at weeks 8 through 11- now at almost 5 months only complains if we have company or last thing before his crating for the night when he's all wound up with his evening crazies! :rolleyes:

Will Dax chew a bone or bully stick in his crate?

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So glad for you that the crating is better! :)

Zar- my crate screamer at weeks 8 through 11- now at almost 5 months only complains if we have company or last thing before his crating for the night when he's all wound up with his evening crazies! :rolleyes:

Will Dax chew a bone or bully stick in his crate?

He has a rib bone that we keep in there. He's stripped it down and now chases it around his crate. He has a blast with that thing. He does pretty good. He chews on it off and on.

I'm thrilled he's calmed down. Its a lot less..... obnoxious in the house without him screaming like a maniac.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts