German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My seven months old male GSD has developed two bumps. They are on the middle of his back on either side. About 2 inches at the base. Four days back he was fine when we slept. Morning these bumps had appeared. Our Vet doesn't seem to know anything like this. First they were soft to touch, to-day I felt and found they are harder. When I touch the lumps, he sits down. Sure they are causing pain.
I live in a farm, scorpions and all sorts of insects are common. My other two GSD's have never had any problems.
thanks for any advice
vsmmath

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
It does seem to be an insect bite of some kind that your dog is sensitive to. I have seen some horses get them from mosquito bites. The lumps are probably painful when they are touched just as any bite or sore area is, but that doesn't mean anything is wrong with his spine if he is feeling well otherwise. I would just not touch the area but keep an eye on the bumps in case one were to open which would need the vet's attention or if your dog were to feel worse since it may then need medication to prevent infection. If your dog can't reach that to lick it, I would apply some type of insect bite cream like aloe vera gel - you could ask your vet about that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your advice. When I touch and feel bumps to see if the lump has become hard, Bruno sits and let me feel them. I have started applying ointment to promote blood circulation. The bigger lump size has reduced. To-day I have brought him to Bangalore. I will get him checked up any way. When he started playing with Hachi, running and play fight I was relieved.
Thanks once again. I will post his progress.
Math

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Wonderful news that your Bruno is feeling well and playing with Hachi. Thanks for the update.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts