German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Overall, it's been one long, stressful week. Monday we had new windows installed. Tuesday was an electrical failure to half the house. Wed DH had knee surgery. Fri I had a huge court case and was on the stand what seemed like ALL DAY. I can't remember the last time I was exausted as I was last night.

Elsa has been a little needy all week with contractors and electricians in and out of the house. But Wed after my DH came home from surgery she's been so concerned and worried about him. She won't go anywhere near his knee and will only stay near his head when he's on the couch. She kind of crawls over to him. Any time he gets up to go to the bathroom she slowly follows behind him on the crutches, waits by the bathroom door for him, and then follows him back to the couch. When we were going out to the car this AM for physical therapy she did the same thing...stayed right by him and sat by the car door until he got in. At night, she spends the whole time going back and forth between me in the bedroom and him on the couch in the living room.

:wub: just makes my heart smile when I see how she is being. I know she doesn't KNOW what exactly is going on, but just the fact that she knows daddy needs to be looked after makes me want to cry! I'm such a mush!

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
What a sweet girl Elsa is! Sounds like she knows you need some help taking care of good ol' dad. Hope his knee heals soon- enjoy the weekend and remember my motto: A glass of wine solves everything

·
Registered
428 Posts
I love hearing stories like this. Well, about the dog, not about your week. :( I hope your weekend is much better.

Stoch, how about a beer instead of the wine? Worked for me last night. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts