German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My team had a succesful search for an elderly person on Saturday night.

These are getting to be fewer and far between as the sherrifs are getting better and better at finding them right away (we often get put on standby or even depolyed but before we get there the victim is located) but this was a tough one and after a full night of searching he was located by a K9.

Alive - and well - which is real good as night temps are getting cool enough now for hypothermia.

·
Super Moderator
32,586 Posts
Well, that's good either way - a successful search for your team, or a person found before a team is deployed. Good job!

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
Congratulations on a successful search!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Congrats and thanks to all for their SAR work!!

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Congratulations on a great job! I'm glad that ended well.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Congratulations!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Very nice! Congratulations to the dog and handler, and also to the rest of your team who may not have been there but helped to make the result possible.

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am really happy with the new GPS units the team got......it helped us consiolidate the track information and put all the waypoints on the same map much more efficiently than hand transcription.

I think the outcome would have been the same without having had the GPS - the first shift coming in and report the dogs catching bits of scent in a specific locaiton that led to the placement of the dog that made the find.

Definitely - the whole team makes the find. The final dog and handler were in the right place at the right time due to planning, but they had to be solid so that the dog found, returned to handler and alerted strongly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts