German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My moms GSD, Fritz, has never been friendly with other dogs. He was very sick early on in his life so he wasn't socialized much :( I've always wanted Fritz to get along with my dogs. Brody is my social little butterfly. He just wants to play with all dogs. I brought him over to my moms house, and let them meet on common ground. Fritzy really wasn't happy at first but took to Brody :) I'm going to let them get more comfortable with one another and then try and introduce Zella to him. They played ball and ran together for a long time, they both were exhausted afterwards! Fritz is almost 3 and Brody is almost 8 months.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
good job!!!! they look like they enjoyed their day! keep up the good work!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!! It was nerve racking at first, not knowing what to expect. It took almost an hour of being on the leash for me to get comfortable with them both off the leash at the same time. I know I still need to be careful, but I'm just going to keep bringing him over there! Alot of positive reinforcement was needed with Fritz!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
they'll get it figured out and everything should be fine. I know whenever i would take Zena out and she'd meet a new dog or a dog she already knew, it was tense because of any number of things. We dont know her past except she was abused and neglected mentally and physically and she's a dominant personality. Just time and training and positive encouragement and i think all will work out beautifully!!! Looking forward to more pictures!!!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Thanks!! It was nerve racking at first, not knowing what to expect. It took almost an hour of being on the leash for me to get comfortable with them both off the leash at the same time. I know I still need to be careful, but I'm just going to keep bringing him over there! Alot of positive reinforcement was needed with Fritz!
I know exactly how you feel. I get my boy Kain together with his brother Nikko every couple of weeks for a whole day of play. These boys are 9 mos old and big enough to really hurt each other if the introduction were to go south. The first few minutes are always more tense for me than for them. I think the key is a few small distractions and treats to set the tone. Good job! :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts