German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so proud of Echo yesterday, just have to share...we've been dealing with Echo's recently established fear aggression behavior for a while. In August we began a therapy program involving no corrections, 100% positive reinforcement, and lots of "jolly routine". We've seen slow but steady progress in her reactivity to other dogs. Yesterday for the first time in 2 months I took her to the dog supply store (always a source for noise, confusion, and other dogs). We had just entered the store when a golden mix slipped his collar and bounded over to see Echo. He was not aggressive, but I saw Echo freeze and begin to fall into her panic/aggression mode. I gave her the "all clear" sign, and to my amazement she followed through with her training perfectly! She looked up at me instead of focusing on the other dog, backed up a few steps to my side, then after a few circles with the golden, sat on command and waited for me to take care of things. I kept the golden at a distance by scratching his chest until his owner got the collar back on, they left, and we continued on through the store peacefully. I was so proud of Echo I could have popped! I bought her a new Jolly ball, not because she understood it as a reward, but because I just couldn't help myself! :wub:

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Great job Echo!! She certainly deserves a new jolly ball!

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
YAY Echo!!! Good Job!!! btw I love her name :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts