German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I got my puppies earlier this year, (they are 10 months old today actually) Bayla my female hasn't ever minded having her paws touched for any reason including nail cutting, she think's she's at the doggie spa.
Bruno however has always been weird about me touching his paws which made nail cutting a PITA.
I have been working hardcore for the past week on switching to the dremel just because...blah blah blah. However trying to get ahold on Bruno's paws was simply not happening. So I turned it into a game.... Shake or hi-five. Simply so he would learn to be comfortable with me touching and holding his paws.
It's been a week since I started and although he's finally over me touching and holding his paw's now, he's never offered one to me, especially without "playing" the game.
This morning he walked right over to me and put his paw right on my lap. :wub: Looked up at me like, "where is my treat mom?" Needless to say, we had a jumping up and down, happy treat party.

It's a small step in training, but major for us. :happyboogie:

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Don't you love moments like that? Good boy Bruno!

I have been working with mine with sitting when cars pass because he lunges at them sometimes on walks when they pass. The other day there was a car coming and without me telling him to sit & stay-he did it automatically then looked at me for his treat!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
yay!!!!!!!! way to go Bruno!!! good boy!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts